We’re not going to pretend that pulling off Thanksgiving dinner is a cinch. But you can make your life easier by planning ahead, breaking big tasks into smaller parts, and by keeping a checklist of what you have left to do.
Use this T-Day Timeline to get a sense of what to do and when. You’ll be so organized that you may actually spend quality time with your family on Thanksgiving!
2 WEEKS PRIOR
* Prepare the menu.
* Look up recipes and create your shopping list, including what cooking supplies and utensils that you will need.
* Raid cabinets for things that you may already have.
* Write a cooking timeline that shows which dishes or components of dishes can be cooked in advance.
* Determine what, if anything, guests are bringing.
1 WEEK PRIOR
* Clean out the refrigerator and freezer.
* Go shopping for everything except fresh produce, seafood and bread.
5 DAYS PRIOR
* Thaw your turkey in the refrigerator.
2 DAYS PRIOR
* Clean your home (or call MaidPro!)
* Brine your turkey.
* Wash table linens, dishes, silverware, etc.
* Confirm the final guest count.
1 DAY PRIOR
* Shop for fresh produce, seafood and bread.
* Set the table, including bringing in extra chairs and table leaves.
* Prepare anything that can be done in advance, such as pre-chopping vegetables or making pie crusts.
* Season, stuff and cook your bird.
* Make your side dishes.
* Reheat pre-cooked food right before the meal.
* Most importantly: eat, drink and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving from your friends at MaidPro!